Education is a collaborative effort among teachers, students and parents.
The strength of the program is its discussion-based format, which involves students, teachers, and through the home activity section, their parents or caregivers. This goal setting program can be built into virtually any content or it can be used as a self-development tool.
The full process of goal setting includes measuring your our progress, learning how to stay positive and focused, how to overcome potential roadblocks and how to take action on your dreams.
The Goal Setting for Students program is divided into eight sections:
What is Success, the Principles of Goal Setting, Samples & Practice, Investing in Yourself, Measuring Your Progress, Meeting the Challenges, How to Get Started, and Summary.
What Will Teenagers Learn?
The Goal Setting for Student book will help in several ways.
This program will show teenagers:
- Five ways to enhance and increase theirchances for success.
- Six ways to identify and overcome potential roadblocks.
- Four key components of goal setting.
- The importance of helping others
- Five I’ll Make It Happen words that will change their life.
- Six Bummer Words that will keep them from reaching their full potential.
- Five ways to measure their progress toward reaching their goals.
Goal Setting gives teenagers a way to look into the future, and gives them an opportunity to learn from their accomplishments and missed opportunities. The Goal Setting for Students book and PowerPoint presentations on this website will help teenagers fully implement these important life skills. They will learn how to use these principles in school and in life.