Goal Setting for Students®
The Goal Setting for Students® book will help adults talk to children (ages 9 -15) about how to define success, how to develop a plan and how to take action on their dreams.
Additional benefits for your child:
- Additional positive family communication
- A greater sense of purpose
- Fewer hassles over homework
- Increased academic achievement
- Learn the importance of helping others
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved decision making skills
What Students Will Learn?
The Goal Setting for Students® book:
- Facilitates meaningful discussions about important life skills issues.
- Shows students how to use these principles in their education.
- Includes real world examples that students can relate to and discuss.
- Each chapter has a Home Activity section.
Goal Setting for Students® is the ONLY book to specifically show students how to use these principles in school. I had three goals when I wrote this book:
- To teach students how to take ownership of their education
- To help teachers reach their goals in the classroom
- To include parents in this collaborative educational experience
There are two subtle yet powerful messages to help them step up to the plate and take educational ownership. Those themes are:
- Parents and teachers want you to succeed, but you have to help them!
- Teachers are educating you on science, math or English, but they are doing much more. In collaboration with your parents, they are teaching you about life, how to get along with others, how to communicate effectively, how to take ownership, how to handle stress, and how to believe in yourself.